Pages

Monday, December 4, 2023

Design Wall Monday - December 4, 2023

 Good Morning Quilters!

I’ve been sick with congestion and a sore throat, so this week has been a “stay at home and keep my germs to myself” kind of week.  I have been busy in the quilt room though.  The long term redwork quilt is now bound, and ready for a label.  The quilting by Sue Daurio, was simple diamonds, in keeping with the style of old redwork quilts.  I am very happy with how it turned out.  It measures 93 inches square and I am so happy to have this long in process UFO completed.  


I love the border. 


 I think I will leave it out for the Christmas holiday.  For the label, I’m including the extra chickens block, which I made twice by mistake.  It is a cute block, and attests to how long I worked on this quilt, off and on through the years.  I had forgotten that I had previously embroidered it.  




The Splendid Sampler is a quilt top now, shown here on our bed.  Adding the extra blocks to the outside makes it the right size for our king bed.  It is now ready for a long arm quilter.  It’s a whopping 102” square.   I am glad it is no longer a UFO.  Progress rather than perfection.




What are you finishing or starting, or what have you put on hold until after the holidays?  Please join our Design Wall Monday Linky Party below and talk to us.
  
This week I hope to get some Christmas decorations up.   I should get some young children to help me - that is what is needed to get me excited about decorating.  Do you have your home ready for the holidays?  







You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

11 comments:

Kate said...

Hopefully you are starting to feel better. Sore throats are really not fun at all. Love the red work quilt, it really is gorgeous. That border was so much work, but it really does finish the quilt well. I've not decorated yet for the holiday. With Grad Girl won't be home before we celebrate Christmas, so it's hard to get excited about decorating. Good luck getting going on with your holiday plans.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Hope your over your cold and feeling better. Your quilts are beautiful! Happy stitching!

maggie fellow said...

so pretty

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that redwork sure is pretty - feel better soon.

Bonnie said...

Sorry to hear about the congestion. But thank you for keeping yourself around the house last week. (I know I don't live close by but I've been around too many people who are congested and I have no idea if it is contagious or not!) Your UFO from long ago is really wonderful. Give yourself an extra pat on the back for the completion. It looks lovely hanging on the stairwell. (Or whatever I should call that space -- it's great to show off your quilts.) Hope you are feeling better this week.

Julierose said...

That Redwork quilt is a beauty--just love how it finished with the diamond quilting, too.
And your bed looks so pretty with that quilt on it--gorgeous works nice job hugs, Julierose

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - your red work is incredible! Hope you are feeling better

Nann said...

I, too, hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the close ups of Sue's quilting. I would still be debating whether to quilt around the embroidery or through it. Lovely result!

Marsha Cooper said...

I hope you are feeling better.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on both finishes - great quilting on your redwork top and great finish on your giant top!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, your redwork quilt is amazing! Congrats on finishing the sampler quilt top, and good luck with the decorating. I think that I need little ones to help me too! Get well soon.