Pages

Monday, April 1, 2024

Design Wall Monday - April 1, 2024

 Good Morning Quilters!

Here’s one of my Dad’s corny jokes for you:

He walks slowly into the kitchen, draggng his feet on a morning like this one and says….………..….”Boy, am I TIRED!”.

 And either my brother or I would answer…..”Why?”

He would very slowly explain….……”Well, who wouldn’t be, after a March of 31 days!”

As an Army infranty man, serving in WWII, he especially enjoyed his yearly joke for us.

My week has been one of travel.  And today I will be traveling even more.  We are driving from Grand Rapids to Chicago and back to help a friend who needs transportation.  So this post will be short and sweet.  What is sweet about it?  How about finishing the binding on a quilt….actually two UFOs in one.  Hurrah!

The front view:


Back view:


This quilt has signature blocks on the front from a 2023 group exchange from the Jane Stickle Quilt Retreat ladies.  The back has signature blocks from the same group from 2015.  I am glad to have both sets of blocks into a finished quilt, and I will use this one on my couch so I can be warmed by my friends.  

 Close-up pictures of the blocks on each side:



What are you working on this week?  Please join our Design Wall Monday Linky Party below and show us.  Thank you for faithfully participating.  I appreciate you.




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

11 comments:

Preeti said...

I am going to try that joke on Paul when he wakes up :-) Laughter is heart-warming but a sunny and starry quilt signed with love notes, warms my soul. Have a sew joyful week.

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty and meaningful finish

Kate said...

Congrats on a fun finish! Very cool to use up both sets of signature blocks on one quilt. Safe travels today.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The siggie swap quilt is awesome! That was a wonderful idea to use siggies on both sides of the quilt. Have a safe drive to Chicago and back!

Sara said...

Putting both sets of signature blocks into one quilt was so clever. And it's really beautiful too. Love that gold/cheddar.

Nann said...

The DJ signature quilt is a wonderful way to remember your fellow travelers. Where in Chicagoland will you be?

Sue Daurio said...

That is such a beautiful quilt, with a great story behind it. I'm hoping one of these days I can make it to the Jane Stickly group!

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh, how lucky (or how well-planned!) that you have a binding to stitch on your long drive! I love your sunny star quilt full of signatures.

Kim @ Purring Cottage said...

I love that quilt - how you combined two quilts and are surrounded by friends. :)

Bonnie said...

What a great finish you have this week! It is wonderful. I like the idea of you snuggling up with your friends.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Safe travels Judy. What a wonderful quilt with so many years in between. That is really precious! Enjoy the comfort of your friends!