Pages

Monday, May 29, 2023

Design Wall Monday - May 29, 2023

 Good Morning Quilters!

Memorial Day is today. Did you know there are special flag raising procedures for the day?

In traditional observance, the flag of the United States is raised briskly to the top of the staff and then solemnly lowered to the half-staff position, where it remains only until noon.  It is then raised to full-staff for the remainder of the day.  The half-staff position remembers the more than one million men and women who gave their lives in service of their country.  At noon, their memory is raised by the living, who resolve not to let their sacrifice be in vain, but to rise up in their stead and continue the fight for liberty and justice for all.


I finally finished the crochet project below:


It taught me so many new crochet stitches, and I learned so much.  Very much over my skill level, but the you tube videos on how to do various stitches helped me persevere.  Pattern is free on the internet:  A Warm Embrace on the internet at this website  (Here)

So now I am free to continue with my quilting projects.  I plan to play with blocks that are already made, moving them around the design wall to audition layouts.  What are your plans for this holiday week?  

Please join us in our Design Wall Monday Linky Party below.  I plan to visit your blogs this week and learn more about what is happening in the quilting world.  I appreciate your faithfulness in linking up.   Let's party!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Your crochet project looks fabulous. Thank you for the link to the pattern which I have downloaded.

maggie fellow said...

it is stunning - I think learning new things keeps alive

Kate said...

Wow! Your crochet blanket turned out beautifully! Enjoy your stitching time today.

Bonnie said...

Your afghan is stunning. I'm in shock at how beautiful it is. It doesn't seem like crocheting to me. Also, thanks for the info about the flag raising today. I've never read or heard that info before. Have a good week and enjoy our freedoms.

Sara said...

Your crochet project is just beautiful. That ivory yarn really allows the stitch texture to be the star. Well done!! Yesterday I went with 3 other ladies to present 3 Quilts of Valor at a small town Memorial Day program.

Quilter Kathy said...

This crochet project is gorgeous! The texture of the stitches is amazing... well done! I agree with Maggie - learning new things does keep us alive!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, what a gorgeous crocheted blanket! Have fun playing with your fabric now!

Carol Andrews said...

What a lovely crochet project! I’m sure you learned a lot with this one.