Pages

Monday, August 7, 2023

Design Wall Monday - August 7, 2023

Good Morning Quilters!

Here it is August already and I feel like I can't post another picture of my design wall - because it looks the same as last week!  But I do have a great reason.  I was on vacation all week up north in Michigan.  Our family came from all over and we had a great time.

Now I am home again, refreshed, and ready to quilt up a storm!  At lease I hope so!  I did read your blogs, and one I liked a lot was from Chris from Quilting at the Farm  (Here)   She makes me feel better in that she didn't get some things done on her list either......but she also DID make a list, which is better than the list that's in my head.

So, after reading her blog, I have formed a written list below for the month of August.

1) Get at least five of the small blocks sewn together into a strip every day in August, starting today, the 7th.  Try to sew on this project at least 20 minutes each day.  The goal is to get the top assembled and off the design wall. 

2) Get the cutting board area cleaned off.

3) Shorten the hems on hubby's new pajamas (sleeves and pant legs) to make them fit him better.  I could take them back, but I hate returning things more than I hate altering them.  

It is a short list, but I am trying to stay "Whelmed" and not "Overwhelmed".  

It was a busy week, and I have no vacation pictures to share.  I was having such a good time that I left my phone in my room most of the time.  The house we rented had an extensive book collection, so I enjoyed browsing some cookbooks, and also read "To Kill a Mocking Bird" again.  And a short book "Who Moved My Cheese".  

Before I left, three of my quilts were sent to Sue Daurio  (Here)  to see what she can do to finish them.  Here is an old photo of the two 1930s basket quilts to refresh your memory.  I am waiting to hear what her inspiration will be for quilting them.


She did such a great job on the last two quilts that I sent to her, and these two will get her special treatment too, I am sure.  The third one was the redwork quilt that I've worked on for such a long time.  It felt good to move them to the longarm quilter stage.

What plans do you have for August?  I shall read your blogs and find out what you are working on.  Thanks so much for being so faithful in linking with the Design Wall Monday Linky Party.  I look forward to Mondays.

Let's join again this week so we can read your blogs and look at your beautiful pictures.  Please provide a link back to this post so that we can toggle back and forth to all the blogs.  Also, it would be nice if you mentioned our Design Wall Monday Linky Party in your post.  Happy Monday!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

11 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The May basket quilts are so pretty, I can't wait to see how Sue quilts them. Happy stitching!

Preeti said...

Vacations are important. I wish I could go on a vacation but sadly Paul is unable to take time off so I am making time to see my girlfriends (lunch/dinner/hangout/movie) as often as I can. Your baskets look lovely and they will be lovelier once they have received the quilty love. I am working on a few magazine projects in August. Lots to do and can't show anything :-( Have a great week!

Kate said...

So glad you had a great time on vacation. Family time is so hard to manage once everyone gets their own life going. Looking forward to seeing those finished quilts come back. It's not a small undertaking to get your quilts out the door for quilting, so it seems like you did a lot and just didn't realize it. Good luck with your list this month.

Sara said...

Sounds like a wonderful family vacation. So glad you had fun! The "cheese" book is a quick read, and is still in my home office bookcase. It was a group read for our staff one year. I reread To Kill a Mockingbird and Great Gatsby just a couple of years ago. I was in the mood to revisit some classics. I'm a list maker too, and my list the past couple of weeks mostly involves pulling out some completed block sets and turning them into quilt tops. But I also gave 2 tops to quilters, and like you I can't wait to get them back.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Glad you had a great vacation!!!!
I too like lists - and love the idea to stayed whelmed instead of overwhelmed!! go yoU!

LA Paylor said...

sounds like you're recharging in August... living in the moment outside the studio. It'll be there when you return....I know what you mean about the design wall staying the same...
LeeAnna

Quilter Kathy said...

How wonderful to enjoy a vacation, and to get some quilts off to the quilter! I loved the little book Who Moved My Cheese...I often have thought of it since I read it!

Robin said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. Your quilts looks so pretty hanging together.

Bonnie said...

Yea for sending Sue your quilts. Her work is stunning and she'll add shine to your wonderful quilts.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, I'm so glad that you had a great vacation. Good luck with your August plans. I have a t-shirt quilt to make and all I do is procrastinate with slow stitching projects! Take care.

Celine said...

Good luck with your list!