Pages

Monday, January 1, 2024

Design Wall Monday - January 1, 2024

 Happy New Year!

We get to start a new year, all fresh and unblemished.  The last month of any year lately causes me to plan and plot how to get more of my UFOs completed.   I’ve also done some sorting and thinning out of some of my stash.  It’s always exciting to look at all the projects I want to get completed.  I love them all.

Here is the current design wall picture.  Several friends are all working on a version of an old hourglass block quilt.  My version has hourglass blocks, but also I’m using a lot of hsts that were from an exchange I was in a few years ago.  Here is the center of hourglass blocks and part of the next ring of hsts.  After adding 8 more rows at the bottom, I plan on another border of indigo, and then hour glass blocks all around the outside.  We shall see.  This is one of those quilts that evolves and tells me what it wants.  


All the blocks finish at 2 inches square.  I also made two more blocks for the Jacob’s Ladder quilt that I plan to assemble in February.  I have 10 more blocks to make before then.  These blocks finish at 6 inches square.



It will be fun to get these Jacob’s Ladder blocks up on the design wall.  What’s on your design wall?  What plans do you have for 2024?  Please join in our Design Wall Monday Linky Party below and show us,  Thanks to all of you who participate.  
  

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I hope you have a blessed 2024 with no health issues! You are really coming along with your hourglass blocks, happy stitching!

Nann said...

Happy New Year from across the lake, Judy! Your design wall project reminds me of the antique Dutch and French quilts that QuiltMania features.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Such cute and tiny Jacob's Ladder blocks! I'll be interested in seeing how your design wall quilt evolves. A blessed and quilt-filled new year!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are both beautiful projects
but those Jacobs Ladder... those are droolworthy!!!!

Kate said...

That is a lot of HSTs! The Jacob's ladder blocks are pretty cool too. Good luck with all your plans for 2024. Fingers crossed all of us make good progress on moving a few UFOs off our lists. Happy 2024.

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy New Year! The HST project is so pretty!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Happy New Year Judy. Good luck with getting more UFOs finished in 2024.

Celine said...

Happy new year! Hope you get UFOs finished!