Pages

Monday, January 15, 2024

Design Wall Monday - January 15, 2024

Good Morning Quilters! 

We have glorious snow here in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  It is a winter wonderland outside, and is perfect quilting weather.



Pictures taken through my bedroom windows yesterday morning.  The poor pine trees are carrying a heavy burden.

Inside, on my design wall, I have half of the rows sewn together for the “Two Step” quilt.  (Info Here).  It is my January UFO goal, and so half finished is good for January 15th.


It is just a little too big for my design wall, with the blocks finishing at 5 inches square, and being 20x20 blocks when finished.  

I’m also busy making hourglass blocks for the challenge hourglass quilt.  (Info here). I need lots of these, and am using up some old fabrics that I hadn’t any special plan for.  They will be very happy in this quilt.  Here is this week’s progress on my lap:


These hourglass blocks finish at two inches square.  I intended to work on some appliqué UFOs also, but that didn’t happen.   Maybe it will happen this week.  

What are you working on?  Please join our Design Wall Monday Linky Party below, and tell us all about it.  I am interested in seeing your pictures of the snow in other areas too.  I do love the snow.

Please mention Design Wall Mondays in your blog post, and also link back to this post.  Thank you very much.  

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

maggie fellow said...

I like your fabrics for the hourglass blocks

Kate said...

Two step is looking good. That's a big quilt! The snow looks so pretty, but the cold isn't much fun. Stay warm and stitch!

Julierose said...

I love both your projects--the Two Steps are mounting up nicely and the hourglass quilt is just amazing...I will die cut my hourglass pieces with my "Go Baby" die hugs, Julierose

Sara said...

Your snow is beautiful. It looks very much like that here in SD too. Two Step has such a nice simple look, with kind of a masculine feel to it. After working on a couple of "busy" quilts, I really like working on one with a simpler design.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Two step looks so good!! what a beauty!!
and love those hourglass blocks

Melva said...

Your dedication to your small scrappy blocks is inspiring. So many ideas... so little time! Thanks for the chance to share in your party. Feel free to join Sew & Tell as well. :)

Quilter Kathy said...

How beautiful your snow looks! I love a fresh snowfall! We didn't get as much as you did here in Onterio, but enough to make me happy!

Celine Combet said...

What a lovely sight from your bedroom window, si peaceful !

Marsha's Spot said...

I just can't bring myself to call snow glorious. It's pretty to look at out the window, but it's so cold....and the streets are icy. I know though that we have to be thankful for all of God's creation.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, it looks like perfect quilting weather! I'm glad that your projects are going well. Take care.