Pages

Monday, January 29, 2024

Design Wall Monday - January 29, 2024

 Here are a couple of pictures of my progress this week:

More hourglass blocks are being cut to their 2.5 inch size so they are ready to sew into the hourglass quilt.

More rows sewn together on the “Two Step” quilt that I had planned to get all sewn together by the end of January.  The first ten rows are completely sewn together and off the design wall, and this is as far as I am on the second ten rows.  Revised completion date is mid-February.  My self-imposed deadlines are easily moved.


The reason that not much got done is that our daughter visited us last week and we had a great time with each other.  She went home Friday, and I miss her already.

What are you making?  What deadlines are you meeting, or moving?  Join our Design Wall Monday Linky Party below and give us an update.  Thanks so much for joining in.  There were so many beautiful posts last week.  I appreciate you.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

12 comments:

maggie fellow said...

visits seem so short don't they?

Gretchen Weaver said...

You made the right choice, spending time with daughter a is more important than quilts! Happy stitching!

Preeti said...

A daughter's visit is an excellent reason to ignore sewing :-) Have a wonderful week!

Kate said...

You are moving along on your projects, both take lots of blocks so it's understandable that dates slip a bit. Sounds like you had a great visit with your daughter. Ours was home just a few weeks ago, but I'm ready for her to come back. Happy stitching this week.

Rebecca Grace said...

Those hourglass blocks of yours just make me happy, Judy! Glad you got some quality time in with your daughter. The fabric can always wait. :-)

Bonnie said...

I so agree with you -- we can change our goals with no guilt! It looks like you made lots of progress on two projects. Kudos to you.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

visits from my daughter means the sewing gets put aside usually

Julierose said...

No more deadlines for me! I hope to do just fun sewing in 2024!!
I like both your projects.. visits from a daughter certainly take precedence.
Glad you had fun...hugs, Julierose.

Quilter Kathy said...

I know how that goes! It's so wonderful, but the time passes too quickly and then I'm back at my sewing!

dq said...

I like how you added a revised completion date. That works!

Both of your quilts look like very small blocks and a lot of work.

Celine said...

Good to enjoy your daughter visit! Plenty of time to enjoy sewing when she away.

Jennifer said...

Hi Judy - I really like the blocks on your design wall, so simple yet so pretty. I don't have a picture to share, but am working on quilting a top made a few years ago and also piecing blocks for a new quilt. I plan to spend a little time on both today and would be thrilled to get the quilting done by the end of the weekend so that I can think about what should go on my frame next.