Good Morning Quilters!
It has been a busy week here. The backs of all nine strips have the middle parts pressed open, and the outer edges trimmed.
Here is the back of one strip, so you can see how nice and flat the centers are. I snipped one seam on either side of the center seam to enable it to lie flat. See from this picture how it worked out:
This week the plan is to sew all nine pieced strips to their bordering strips. I think that was what I had planned for last week……but as I said, it’s been a busy week.
First, on Wednesday, the bushel of canning tomatoes I ordered came in, and when I went to pick them up, the peaches looked so good that I bought a bushel of peaches too. So Thursday I canned one batch of tomatoes (7 quarts) and one batch of peaches (also 7 quarts) during the day. However the canning “factory” came to a halt Thursday night when a very powerful storm came through Michigan. We lost power for 26 hours.
The only useful things I did while the power was out was 1) weed the flower beds and 2) crochet a little hot pad. It is a free pattern from the internet that I had printed a few weeks ago. It is supposed to look like a fried egg:
I am easily amused. Pattern (Here)
The power came back on late Friday night, so my home canning factory resumed production on Saturday all day and Sunday afternoon. I am happy to report that there are now 26 quarts of peaches and 19 quarts and 2 pints of tomatoes on the kitchen counter.