Good Morning Quilters!
While at the quilt retreat in Shipshewana, I completed making my Cynthia England pattern (picture piecing method) sewing machine project into a sewing machine cover for my sewing room.
The original blog post about this project is here (Post from a year ago)
It went together easily. I used one long rectangle piece of fabric, and two narrower rectangle end pieces that were curved at the top. I mainly thought of a "mailbox shape" when I cut the pieces. I drew a grid with a pencil of 45 degree angled lines, 2.5 inches apart on the muslin lining. I put batting between the outside and inside layers of muslin and quilted it on the machine, all except behind the picture, using a quilting foot. With the Cynthia England sewing machine picture to the front side, and all other sides quilted, I assembled it with the seams to the outside. Then I cut a piece of plaid fabric on the bias and made binding and sewed it by machine (and again by hand) just like the edge of a quilt - to cover all the raw edges of the seams. Binding around each end curved piece, and binding around the complete project on the bottom edge. The binding was full with the batting layer included in it, and it looks just like piping on the finished project. It went together easy-peasy. Below are more pictures of the finished sewing machine cover:
Picture of it on my cutting mat, so you can see the inside:
On the machine, but I took this picture Sunday night, and in evening light:
And one last picture of the back side of it, on the machine:
This week we have been eating turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and enjoying all leftovers from our family's Thanksgiving Day celebration. The feast is good for the whole weekend.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter